In 2004, the Town and Village of Alfred adopted an updated Comprehensive Plan. The Alfred Comprehensive plan provides a path into a future in which Alfred's positive aspects are protected and enhanced.
To view the Comprehensive Plan: Comprehensive Plan
The plan is based on the deliberations of a 16-member volunteer committee, the comments recorded at public meetings, and the responses to resident, student and communter opinion surveys. The committee also utilized numerous existing documents in
These are provided in the Appendices to the Comprehensive Plan:
- Appendix Table of Contents
- Alfred Comprehensive Plan: Public Comments
- Comprehensive Master Plan 1970
- Business District Study 1978
- Clean Water Act Section 604(b)
- Source Water Assessment Report 2003 Summary
- Railway, Livonia, Avon & Lakeville Railroad Corp.
- Friendship EZ, 2003 Alfred
- Fiscal Impacts and Municipal Options, 1999 Report
- Sales Tax Sharing Impact, 1999 Report
Documents are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Adobe® Reader® 6.0 is free software that lets you view and print them.